Friday 3 April 2009

Underwhelmed by the thought of digital televsion


The Federal Communications Minister may have overdosed on happy pills when praising the national introduction of digital television by 2013 starting with rural Australia in 2010, but I am less than impressed.
In fact I almost gagged when I read People need to know what equipment is digital-ready and that upgrading can be as simple as adding a set-top-box to an existing television set," said Senator Conroy, who announced a labelling scheme in-store to assist consumers with their purchases.
The television I watch is so old it doesn't even have a video jack, which of course means it's so ancient that it cannot be adapted for a set-top box.
Renting on a pension with no extra income of any kind, there's no way that I'll be able to save enough for a new digital TV in the next three years (and I'm not alone in that).
Hells bells, I don't even have a lousy dollar left the night before the fortnightly payment goes into my bank.
When you're old and poor there's not much room to manoeuvre, so how am I supposed to invest in new technology?
Answer that Senator Conroy.

Turned Off
Grafton

No comments: