Wednesday 12 May 2010

Boy the Wonder Cat receives a death threat


Sometimes I am amazed by what turns up in email received. This is one of those times.

Below is an email received by Boy the Wonder Cat on 12 May 2010 from an individual using Verio Data Centres, Englewood NTT America and Correo UC Webmail-n via Chile and West Australia (return address cross1953@live.com spoofing Rip Productions Limited ) to send an electronic demand for money with menace.

This distasteful scam has a long history and Boy has buried it in the backyard:

You Have 72 Hour To Respond To This Mail Or Forget It‏

Good Day

I felt very sorry and bad for you, that your life is going to end like
this if you don't comply, i was paid to eliminate you and I have to do it
within10 days.Someone you call your friend wants you dead by all means,
and the person have spent a lot of money on this, the person also came to
us and told us that he wants you dead and he provided us your names,
photograph and other necessary information we needed about you. If you
are in doubt with this I will send you to death.

Meanwhile, I have sent my boys to track you down and they have carried
out the necessary investigation needed for the operation, but I ordered
them to stop for a while and not to strike immediately because I just
felt something good and sympathetic about you. I decided to contact you
first and know why somebody will want you dead by all means. Right now my
men are monitoring you, their eyes are on you, and even the place you
think is safer for you to hide might not be. Now do you want to LIVE OR
DIE? It is up to you. Get back to me now if you are ready to enter deal
with me, I mean life trade, who knows, and I might just spear your life,
$6,000 is all you need to spend. You will first of all pay $3,000 usd
then I will send the tape of the person that want you dead to you and
when the tape gets to you, you will pay the remaining $3,000 usd If you
are not ready for my help, then I will have no choice but to carry on the
assignment after all I have already being paid before now.

Warning:
Do not think of contacting the police or even tell anyone because I will
extend it to any member of your family since you are aware that somebody want
you dead, and the person knows all members of your family as well. For your
own good I will advise you not to go out once is 7pm until I make out time to
see you and give you the tape of my discussion with the person who want you
dead then you can use it to take any legal action.

Note: You Have 72 Hour To Respond To This Mail Or Forget It.

Good luck as I await your response.

Cross. Killer

1 comment:

pondering224 said...

FYI: I also received this email, twice in fact. Once on April 30th and again on May 4th. I just did a search and your blog came up. So I started thinking and I did some more digging and I have actually received this email in every email address I have associated with blogger but often in the spam folder.