Sunday 16 September 2012

Meet the new Mayor of Coffs Harbour City Council


Cr Denise Knight – Mayor of Coffs Harbour City Council, September 2012.
Elected by a margin of 992 votes.

Elected to Council: 2008
Elected Deputy Mayor: 2010

Profile Summary
I have lived in Sawtell with my husband and 3 children Katherine, David and Amy for the past 25 years. I am a Registered Nurse by trade and am currently working at a hospital in Coffs Harbour. I have been actively involved in current health issues, local theatre and many fund raisers for the community. You might say I am a bit of an all rounder: I am interested in sport and promoting tourism in this wonderful area. I would like to work for the community by providing a different dimension to Council. I am keen to get an entertainment centre into the city.

Committee Membership
Represents Council on:
Access Advisory Committee
Australia Day and Special Events Committee
Coffs Harbour Arts & Cultural Development Advisory Committee
Jetty Memorial Theatre Advisory Committee*

*Biographical details from Coffs Harbour City Council website on 13 September 2012

No comments: