Wednesday 15 October 2014

The very infantile Tony Abbott......


Excerpt from doorstop interview by Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on 13 October 2014, in which he foolishly declares he will be physically aggressive during the G20 Conference:

I’m going to shirt-front* Mr Putin – you bet I am……
I think that there’ll be a lot of tough conversations with Russia and I suspect that the conversation that I have with Mr Putin will be the toughest conversation of all…
This year we want to be a good and constructive leader of the G20, and if the Russian President turns up he will get – in no uncertain terms from me – Australia’s attitude… 

* 1. An aggressive scruff of an opponent’s jumper is often called a shirt front and is an illegal and reportable offense (but again, often subject to interpretation). In some cases, for example, one player will grasp his opponent’s jumper and aggressively pull and push him trying to make contact with the lower jaw with his fist.[Wikipedia]
2. http://youtu.be/-v8V1_xVSd8 [video - Jezza gets shirt fronted by Stan Magro]

No comments: